Sunday, March 26, 2006

Another Busy Weekend!




People always tell me how busy I am, and I definitely realized that after this weekend!

I had my "Going Away/Not going Away Party" on Friday. I want to thank all of my friends who stopped by to hang out with me and enjoy food and fun. I think the last group left around 2AM, so there was a lot of fun had. Due to the fact I'm leaving town in a few days, a lot of my friends received the "door prize" of food and beverages. The people who stayed the longest went home with left overs. Having the GREAT friends that I do, they brought plenty of food and drinks. Way too much for me to each in 3 days!

After recovering from my party(4 hours of sleep), I headed down to Kent State on Saturday morning. I went to a Rotary Conference to answer questions about our teams trip to Australia. We got to meet the Australian Team. They were excited to see snow. Our team is excited to get away from the snow. You can read more about Saturday by reading the link to the right (Australia Blog).

When I got back home, I stopped in on the calling hours for a former student's father. He died in a construction accident last week. Thoughts and Prayers to the Kolence Family of Mentor-on-the Lake, Ohio.

I then headed home to finish the after party clean up. I was then invited out by my friends Joe and Angela. They wanted to see me before I headed out of the country. Joe and Angela, thank you for the great meal and even better conversation.

Today, no rest for Mr. Busy. I've always wanted to an NCAA major event. My friend Christina invited me to join her to watch the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament. The Sweet 16 Round is being played here in Cleveland. We watched Tennessee beat Rutgers (Christina is happy, that's her team) and North Carolina beat Purdue on a buzzer beater. If you ever get a chance to watch a college event, go for it. The bands, the fans and the spirit are amazing. I know Christina is reading this, so I have to say, "The bands, the fans, the spirit and GOOD COMPANY I had are amazing!" We're going back with a group on Tuesday for the finals. I've promised to wear something orange to help cheer for Tennessee.

So, I'm here updating my blog, the pictures above are from the game today. I still have to pack for the trip, I have a few little things to finish. I have some more GREAT friends taking me out for dinner tomorrow, so the busy times continue. I think I'll finally catch up on some sleep when I get on the plane on Wednesday. I have 20+ hours of flying ahead of me on Wednesday.

Thank everyone for reading, look for some great stories and pictures over the next 6 weeks!

No comments: