Sunday, July 07, 2013

Who is Frank Kitchen?

Today is July 1st!

It's the middle of the year! 6 months ago I blogged about all of my goals for the year. 6 months later, I've accomplished a few of my goals and there are more that I am way off on, or won't have a chance to accomplish.

I could give up, but that's not what life is about. Why bother living if  you're going to just quit or give-up on things that are important to you.

Half the year is gone, but half the year is left. I'm refocusing, reviewing the goals I set and rewriting what I'm going to accomplish the next 6 months.

It's one thing to set a goal, it's another to set the goal and make a plan for that goal to happen.

One of my goals this year was to read more. To read one book a month. I am actually keeping up with that goal. One of the books I read was the "4:8 Principle - The Secret to a Joy Filled Life" by Tom Newberry. The book focuses on the bible verse Philippians 4:8. In short the verse and the book says we must feed what we focus on. If you focus on the negative, negative things happen. If you focus on positive things and things you want to happen they will. What you reap is what you sow.

One of the best parts of the book is the chapter that talks about motivating ourselves. It says we need to stop comparing ourselves to others and compare ourselves to only one person and this is our self.

That chapter has been a HUGE motivator for me lately. It's easy to quit on your goals when you compare yourself to someone else. You can make a long list of excuses of how someone else is better than you. When you compare yourself to you, watch what happens.

The book suggests you write down a list the things you do best and add the things that you want to do well. Then you look at that list everyday. This list is who you are. When you look at this list, you're seeing everything you want to be. You're seeing what you want to sow. It's amazing.

Here is the list I made for myself. If I'm not currently doing what is on the list, I work harder each day to be that person...ME!

  1. Frank is healthy mentally, physically, and spiritually
  2. Frank is a loving and supportive husband to his wife Kelly
  3. Frank is a loving and supportive father to his son Elijah and future second child
  4. Frank does what he says he will do!
  5. Frank has no debt and is financially independent
  6. Frank gives back to the community
  7. Frank lives a mostly vegan lifestyle
  8. Frank is a successful Entrepreneur 
  9. Frank has multiple business ventures including several with his wife Kelly
  10. Frank will have over 10 published books
  11. Frank is a well known and sought after professional speaker, entertainer and fundraiser
  12. Frank weighs 170-180 pounds
  13. Frank is world traveler with a passport full of stamps
  14. Frank and Kelly  get to make their own decisions and aren't forced into them
  15. Frank owns a house with his wife Kelly
  16. Frank finds opportunities to work with people and not for people. Win-Win Situations
That's my list. 16 is a special number for our family, so the list is great there. The list is who I want to be. It's a list I need to look at everyday to make sure I make my dreams and goals come true.

No comments: