Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Inspired by Movies

 "42 - The Jackie Robinson Story"


"Wreck-It Ralph"

My sister recently gave Kelly and I a great gift. She gave us a date night. Being new parents, we haven't had a night where it was just the two of us since Elijah was born. Spending time together and knowing that Melissa wanted to help with Elijah was inspiring.

Melissa even gave us a Gift Certificate for dinner. After dinner we went to see the movie "42." The movie is about the life of Jackie Robinson. I do recommend seeing the movie.

That same week, we rented the movie "Wrek-it Ralph." I also recommend seeing this movie too. 

After watching the movies, I came away inspired. Both movies had great morals. The movies focused on what society expected the main characters to be. You witnessed the characters wanting to be something else but realizing that what made them different made them great.

Our life is our movie. We are the stars of the show. The movie doesn't need another star or actor to play our part, it needs us. We need to believe in who we are and what we can do. We have to stay mentally strong. 

In life, we often wish we were someone else. Why would you want to be someone else. Stop worrying about other people and worry about who you are and what you can do. Think about what makes you special.

I love this line from "Wrek-it Ralph." 
I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be 
than me.

Go live a great life. To do that, focus on the last part of the line form the movie. There's no one I'd rather be than me! When you do this amazing things will happen. When you focus on others, you can't do anything to make you better and live your life.

No comments: