Saturday, November 03, 2012

Frank and Dakota....Fundraisers

I have a special relationship with my friend Dakota. His dream is to be a professional motivational speaker and a college graduate. He's currently working on both.

Dakota has Down Syndrome, but he and his family don't allow let that slow him down. After you meet him, you'll feel like you need to do more with your life.

I first met Dakota while working at the Phoenix Zoo. After a few conversations, I learned about his speaking dreams. He asked me to be his speech coach. I agreed and the rest is history. I've watched him speak infront of 1,000 people without flinching.

I've also had the opportunity to speak with Dakota several times. One of the speeches we've done together is speaking for Special Olympics Arizona. Last year we were asked to speak during the "Ask" portion of the program. We asked people to make donations. Last year we raised $80,000.

This year we were invited back to do the "Ask" again. I recently received an e-mail from the planning committee. After speaking at this Breakfast with Champions, Dakota and I help raise over $100,000 in on site donations!

The money will go to support sports and activities for over 13,000 Special Olympics Athletes in the state of Arizona! Amazing!

Enjoy some of the pictures from the event.







Enjoy some of the pictures from the event.

No comments: