Sunday, October 23, 2011

Things that don't make sense

There are sometimes things happen and you just say…”That doesn’t make any sense!”

While typing my blogs on a flight from Chicago to Phoenix, I was reminded of something that bothers me and make’s no sense. I was using Microsoft Word to type in a web address. Immediately it turned the text into a hyperlink file. That just means the text was underlined and turned into a link I can click on to take me to a website.

Microsoft is the only software that does this. My word processor for Apple does this too. My question to the designers is. If I’m typing a letter or making a poster, why would you turn the words in to a link. There is a very HIGH chance I’m going to print this file. There is no way for someone to click on a piece of paper to direct them to the website I’m typing. When I go to change this, a webpage pops up because I clicked it so I could highlight the words to remove the hyperlink. It becomes very annoying. Plus I’m very anal at times.

So, that’s my vent for today. I hope you laughed! I kind of did.

No comments: