Sunday, October 23, 2011

Best Buddies Night at the Ballpark






When Kelly and I returned from our San Diego trip this summer, I was asked to join several members of the Best Buddies Arizona at the Arizona Diamond Backs game. We were there to help promote the organizations. I am a member of the Board of Directors. As a member of the board we work hard to be as visible as possible to help motivate members of the organization and the staff.

The exciting part of the night was being invited on to the field to be introduced on the jumbotron. The kids who got to go with us were really excited. I took lots of pictures and videoed some of the adventure too. They’re below.

The funny moment of the night came from Kelly. She had to sit in the stands while I was on the field. Being a great wife, she started taking pictures on her phone. The problem was, she was way out in the bleachers and I was at home plate. That’s about 400+ feet away. She took several pictures and text them to me. The text with the pictures read….”You’re the dot on the left! That’s how clear the picture was.

To repay my wife, I came up with a plan to show my love for her infront of thousands. Something she could see. A truly public display of my love. Before we were shown on the jumbotron, I found a piece of paper and wrote “ I Love KELLY!” on it. Every member of our group smiled and waved as they were shown on the screen. When the got to me, I pulled the paper out of my pocket and held it up in front of me. Everyone in the stadium saw it….except my wife. She was sitting under the screen and couldn’t see it! Great plants! Lol

Enjoy the pictures below…..I love you Kelly!

No comments: