Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Social Media and Traveling

Hello Everyone,

I just got back from a successful road trip. Got a chance to travel to Ohio, Pennsylvania and Minnesota. I had the great opportunity to perform for and educate the students and staff members at The Ohio State University Mansfield Campus, Albright College and Century College. Everything went great and I learned even more how much I enjoy working with people by sharing a little knowledge on stage.

I saw friends and family while I Ohio. My wedding is coming up in less than 3 weeks, so I spent time with my friends for a Bachelor BBQ. It was fun to relive old times and look forward to my new adventures with my wife to be Kelly.

In Minnesota I got a chance to meet my future in-laws and show off what I do by inviting them to one of my shows.

With all of this going on, I took the time to work a little on my upcoming book. I also spent a lot of time posting pictures and thoughts on Facebook and Twitter. I must admit I love those two forms of social media, but they're hurting my blogs.

Blogging takes a little more time and thought. Facebook and Twitter are instant. Over the last couple of months I've let everyone know to look me up on Twitter or friend me on Facebook.

My recent trips reminded me how I miss being around friends and family and sharing stories. I also got a chance to relive some of my blogs and realized how much I miss this too.

I don't think I'll ever be able to keep up the blogging pace I used to, but I'm going to work on providing one solid blog each week. I got to keep posting pictures too. Did I mention that I lost my camera on a trip to Washington D.C. this spring when a brawl broke out infront of me on the subway. Of course not, I haven't been blogging.

I'm crossing my fingers we get a new camera for a wedding gift (hint, hint), so I can start posting great pictures again.

Until then, keep reading and be on the look out for my first book by the end of this year! I think you'll like it, it will be similar to this blog!

Have a great week and thank you for reading!

Frank