Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Power of the Internet

If you don’t believe in the power of the internet, read this e-mail that I received from a woman who was a complete stranger about two months ago. She is a voice over actress for commercials. She didn’t receive payment for her work for Applebees, so she performed a search on the internet for information on the commercial. I was in the commercial for Applebees last year. I posted the information on this blog. She found my blog and contacted me. The rest of the story is below:

Hi Frank,

Hope you and your girlfriend have a Happy New Year!

I'm really writing to say THANK YOU for keeping a blog. Thanks to your blog mentioning the Applebees (which led me to find out that it was running on the Internet......), I received a check for roughly
(Large Amount Omitted on purpose).

Thought you'd like to know that your blogging can have significant outcomes!

Have a succesful 2009!

K