Sunday, September 21, 2008

What have you been up too?

Hello Everyone,

Sorry about the lack of blogging. Ive been taking some time to myself and relaxing after a long and busy August. When you're gone for almost a month, there is a lot of catching up to do with life and business. The blogs will be up and going soon. My vacation time is over.

The one exciting thing I have done during my "time off" was volunteering with Kelly and her fellow school teachers at a local Women's Shelter this weekend. It always feels good to give back to the community, but even better when it's a good cause. 

The center helps/assists woman who have experienced or are experiencing domestic violence. Volunteers come in at different times of the year to assist with the up keep of the Shelter. Our group yesterday helped with moving furniture, cleaning flower beds and painting walls and ceilings. Due to my height, I was immediately given the duty of painting/priming the ceilings.

I was covered with paint by the end of the morning, but it felt really good when several of the women at the shelter stopped by to thank all of us for taking a little bit of time out of our day to lend a helping hand.

Next time you have the chance to help someone or volunteer locally, please do so! =0 ) 

Happy Birthday to the following September people:

Kayte
Frank
Cathy
Carrie

Brian