Monday, September 03, 2007

Me and the trainer!

I set a goal to invest in myself this year. I wanted to work on putting on a few pounds and eat healthier. I've been reading books, websites and talking to lots of people. When I got out to Arizona, I finally signed up for a gym membership. Part of my membership includes meeting with a personal trainer. I get to meet with the trainer three times to start and once a month after that. My trainer has me a on great program and has shown me all the things I was doing wrong over the last couple of years. I wasn't doing anything really bad, but I wasn't doing the right things to meet my goals of adding weight and muscle.

I'm proud to say after about two weeks I've added almost 10 lbs. I'm on supplements (not steroids), vitamins and a proper diet. I learned quickly about the proper diet last week, when I got a little light headed because the trainer pushed me really hard and I didn't eat properly the night before. I didn't pass out, but I needed to lay down for awhile.

If you're looking to improve your body (weight loss, muscle gain, health, etc.) I definitely recommend finding a certified trainer and learning about food.

No comments: