Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What have you been up to Frank?


I haven't been keeping up with my blog to well since the New Year started, so I appologize. I've been keeping busy as usual and I've been trying to find some time to blog and stories to blog about. Here's a run down of what's going on in my life over the last two weeks:

#1 Keeping busy at work. Classes at Lakeland started on Tuesday. The last couple of weeks I've working to organize and run our new student orientations. Monday was the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. The college hosts the county celebration of the holiday. I'm one of the organizers and supervisors for the event. We had about 250 people attend this years program. Things ran great. The performers, keynote speaker and food were all good. The artwork in the gallery was great too.

#2 Getting ready to hit the road again. As of today, I have at least five speaking engagments lined up. Over the next couple of months I'll be in Chicago, Kansas and Florida speaking at colleges, schools and a National Conference as a keynote speaker with my friend Rodger. A lot of planning and practice go into our performances/lectures, so we've been working hard on content, website design, handouts and protional material.

#3 I got asked to write a chapater in a book. I work for a speaking company and they're putting together a book on leadership that will come out this fall, so I've been working on my contribution. Wow, I'm going to be an author!

#4 I'm taking some classes. I wanted to take some computer classes, so I signed up for some classes at work.

#5 Spending time with friends. I miss my friends. People got busy during the holidays, so doing what I can to spend time with my friends or at least keep in contact over the phone and through e-mail.

#6 Working on my 2007 goals. I wrote up my goals for the year, so I've shared them with a few friends and now I'm starting to work on them. 2006 was a great year and 2007 will be even better.

That's it for now. Thanks for reading. More stories and photographs of my adventures will be up soon!

Above, is a picture of me and Wayne Dawson. Wayne is the news anchor for Channel 8 in Cleveland, OH. He was the keynote speaker for our Martin Luther King program.

No comments: