Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tired of Credit Card Applications

Today I got home from work and I went to check my mail. When I opened my mailbox, I discovered I had application for credit cards. This isn't unusual, but today there were SIX applications waiting for me, plus ONE application for refinancing my student loan. I don't know if the Credit Card companies decided their New Year's resolution would be to mail out a ton of applications, but I'm getting really tired it. I must have received at least 20-30 applications since the holidays.

Being fed up with all of this junk mail, I decided to take action. This isn't an original idea, but I opened my "mail" today and took out all of the "information" (crap) out of the envelopes. The last thing in the envelopes is a return envelope. This envelope just happens to have a postage paid return stamp on it. So, here's what I did. I took all of the useless crap from the credit card companies and put it in their return envelopes. I removed all of my information of course. The envelopes will be mailed out shortly. I think I'll make it a point to find useless information and junkmail from my house and mail it back to the credit card companies everytime they decide to blow up my mailbox! They kill me will finance charges, so I think it's fair I kill them with useless junk!

No comments: