Friday, July 28, 2006

Floods!

http://www.weathernet5.com/weather/9590285/detail.html
Wow! We had up to 12 inches (1 foot) of rain in the area last night. Everything around here is flooded. It's so bad the highways are closed in certain areas. One of my co-workers can't make it to work because all of her streets are closed from flooding. It normally takes me 10-15 mintues to drive to work. This morning it took me about an hour and 20 minutes. I took some pitures on the way to work and I'll post them when I get a chance. You usually only see stuff like this on the news, but it was crazy this morning to see everything in person. There is a river near me that normally has a 6-8 foot warterfall, drove by it last night; no waterfall! The river was over it banks and flooding a park, road and everything else. Click on the link above and read the story and see some of pictures!

No comments: