Friday, June 06, 2014

Inspiration for the weekend

I was working with a gentleman on improving his speaking skills this week. He told me how nervous he gets before he talks. I asked him what he thinks about before he starts and a long list of negatives came out of his mouth. I let him know that was is problem. He was psyching  himself out before he began speaking. Most of the negatives were comparing himself to others.

My advice...be the best you, you can be. Do what you do best, not what someone else does. That's I do when I speak and perform and when I live life. Am I being the best "me" that I can be. I can never be someone else, but I can be a great me!

Don't beat yourself up comparing yourself to them. They are a lot of people in the world who envy certain things about you too.  I love the quote my friend's dad told me one time..."One eyed man is king in blind man country." The moral? The one eyed man can feel terrible that he only has vision in one eye and get down on himself, but people lacking vision will envy him because of his gift of site. Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy this quote I found today while researching information for a speech.


No comments: