Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Speaking is my dream and speaking full-time is my goal!

 Before the show in Orlando
 During the show in Orlando...3,000+ student leaders ready to learn and be entertained

I read a great fortune cookie statement the other day. It said...

"A Goal is a Dream with a plan."

It really opened my eyes. I have lots of dreams, but how often do I really put a plan to paper to make them happen. The ones I do generally do happen, the ones I don't,  I keep dreaming about.

I made up a statement I shared with a young entrepreneur I recently began working with:

"The more you dream about something happening, the farther away from happening the dream becomes."

It's true, we can talk about what we want to happen or we can talk about the plan we have to make things happen.

My dream is to be a full-time professional speaker.  My plan is for my speaking to provide the resources I need to provide for my family. My plan is to work with a variety of youth leadership groups around the world to provide them with the inspiration to build and develop their dreams in creative ways.

I have spent a lot time this years "living my dream" and not just talking about it. The results are starting to show. I just returned from speaking job in Florida. While I was there, I was turned down for a few speaking opportunities, but I was also asked to accept several. I have a lot of hard work left to do, but by this time next year, I'll be posting more blogs about living my dreams and how I'm helping others live their dreams too.

Here's a list of where I've been so far this year and some of the places where I'll be.

March 3 - Phoenix, AZ - Ventricle Hiking Tours Team Building Hike
April 3&4 - Orlando, FL - Florida HOSA State Leadership Conference
May 17 - Phoenix, AZ - Best Buddies Arizona Awards Luncheon
May 28 - Chandler, AZ - Arizona Correctional Education (ACE) Conference
June 27-29 - Orlando, FL - National Association of Student Councils (NASC) Conference
July 5 - Las Vegas, NV - Lambda Theta Alpha National Convention
Sept. 12-14 - Chicago, IL - Lewis University Leadership Retreat
TBA - Best Buddies AZ Leadership Training

I'm waiting to finalize deals in OH, PA, NY and NM. Great things are going to happen just have to work my plan for the plan to work!

No comments: