Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Get Naked

In December, I did a speech at Grand Canyon University in Arizona. The speech was on Drama and how it effects your life. During the speech I showed a slide that read "Get Naked."

Get Naked meant that we had to be honest with ourselves and the people around us. We often hide behind smoke and mirrors to make things appear real or better than they are. This false front supposedly will make us feel better, but all it really does is make us feel empty and causes us to lie to ourselves.

During my blog writing experience, there are times when I have been very "naked" and shared my true feelings and thoughts. There have also been points where I have only shown the good things. I did this to keep people motivated and inspired. I've learned over the years, that when I'm am truly honest and naked, people connect more with me and this blog. People are attracted to genuine people, thoughts, ideas and experiences.

Typing this blog is a little bit of therapy for me. When I'm feeling down, I can go and read the blog to lift my spirits. I can also use this blog to express my feelings in cyber space to clear my mind and not choke people or lash our in anger/emotion. It can be very calming.

I'll admit there are a lot of mistakes in spelling and grammer, but no one is perfect. We enjoy seeing that people are not perfect. I am far from it. I'm just good at being me and I thank all of you for reading about me to see what I'm up too. As always this blog is typed so I can Educate, Inspire and Entertain. There will be good days and not so good days that I will share, but it's me showing who I really am, sharing my thoughts and ideas. You may connect with some, you may not, but at least you'll know I'm being real.

Thank you for continuing t read. My goal is to post at least two blogs a week this year. Sometimes there will be more, sometimes there will be less. As long as I hit 104 by the end of 2012, all will be good. Feel free to suggest blogs for me to write.

You can e-mail me at Frank@badbadapples.com

No comments: