Saturday, July 03, 2010

Are you a good driver?

That's a great question for my blog title? I recently received a nice little "bill" in the mail showing me run a red light. I wanted to prove the city/state wrong, but when I saw video and photos, I discovered I was in the wrong. The fact that the citation showed up over three months after the incident, didn't make me feel good either.

So, I learned eyes are everywhere and to be a safe driver because my "bill" was not cheap. Thinking that I could get out of my debt to the state for cheap, I signed up for the mandatory traffic class needed to waive my citation. Yep, it's only $10 cheaper with all of the processing fees! So, I still owe over three figures!

While taking my online class I've discovered that many of us are terrible drivers and really don't know the rules of driving, or we just forgot! I'm sure many of you reading this are saying, that's a very obvious fact, all you have to do is drive a few minutes. GMAC has a driver's test that it offers to drivers. The results are pretty amazing. The average score is 76%. That means most of us are 6% away from not having the privilege to operate a motor vehicle.

If you wonder how much you know or don't know, go to the website below and test your knowledge. I'm sure you'll be surprised what you do and don't know. Good Luck!

GMAC National Drivers Test