Monday, June 25, 2007

The Streak is Over!

This morning an era came to an end. For over 33 years, I managed to go through life avoiding something a lot of people fear. This morning, I had a date with dentist's drill! Some how I managed to avoid having a cavity for almost 34 years. Two weeks ago during regular cleaning and x-rays, there "they" were. Two cavities! And one was on the side of my tooth.

I really wish I would have had my camera with me today. They're would have been some funny pictures on the internet. Novocaine is an amazing drug. They number my gums then gave me the needle and I didn't feel a thing. To be honest, it's taken me over 3 hours to feel a thing. Trying to drink something or eat when you can't feel your face is a funny site!

I really had no idea what to expect today. I've heard plenty of horror stories. I really worried when my dentist said, "Frank you're going to feel some bumps". At one point, I felt like a car engine being worked on. There were things being screwed into my mouth, lights, tubes, drills, etc. My mouth looked like a Home Depot or Lowe's Hardware store display. Maybe I can call my mouth the "toolcase" after everything that seemed to be stored in there at one point.

So, two fillings later, I'm typing my story of my first and hopefully my last fillings! So, brush your teeth, floss regularly. If you're ever going to get hit in the face and don't want to feel the pain, get some novocaine, because you definitely won't feel a thing!

No comments: