Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Trip to Peoria

Veterans Day weekend I was in Peoria, Illinois for the National Association for Campus Acitivities (NACA) Mid-America Regional Conference. The conference puts college students responsible for booking entertainment and college entertainers under the same roof (convention center) for three days. Students get to watch the entertainers perform and the entertainers get to show off their abilities. The conference work out for both parties involved because the colleges can books acts at lower prices, and the acts can line up shows/performances.

I was there with my students, but I was also there to speak during the educational sessions in the morning and sell my abilities. Things went great and my speaking partner (Rodger) and I were able to line up some possible dates for 2007. The students really enjoyed our lecture and our promotional buttons and t-shirts.

Below are some pictures from the trip. If you are even in Peoria, be sure to stay at the Mark Twain Hotel. The hotel has great service and rooms. Click on the link below for more information on Peoria and the Mark Twain Hotel

Mark Twain Hotel
Peoria Travel and Tourism

Here are some pictures.




Bradley University Basketball Court
Peoria from the air!


Rodger and I with our Agent Brooke

1 comment:

Brian said...

Sounds like a good weekend. Do you ever get a chance to shoot hoops on those courts? You should work that into your contract next time!