Thursday, November 09, 2006

"May the Force be with you!"



I walked into my office to a nice surprise today. There was a handmade Yoda statue on my desk. It had the following inscription:

To Frank: Thanks for all you do. Great Friend, you are. May the Force be with you.

It was made by one of the students who works for me. She's a big Star Wars fan. She gave the Yoda to me for helping her transfer to another school. My students know I like Star Wars, and a few are calling me Yoda. They say I share/give them a lot of wisdom and I'm hard to understand! lol

I was told that this is my "Yoda Award" for all the help I gave the student. This student is off to film school and I wouldn't be surprised to see her name up on the big screen in a couple of years. So, when she gets her Oscar, I'll be sure to look at my Yoda Award and smile.

Sometimes I wonder why I do the job I do, and on days like today, I know why.

Here's a pic of my award.

No comments: