Monday, May 19, 2014

"The Drop"

Several years ago, I got to watch a speaker named Marcus Engel speak at a college conference in Spokane, Washington. Rodger Campbell and I were speaking at the same conference. All of us were represented by the same agent at the time. Marcus was speaking on how to overcome difficult situations in life. His sense of humor was amazing. I really appreciated the jokes he mad at the expense of Rodger and myself. Marcus knew we were around based off the music he heard us playing.

Ooops, I forgot to mention...Marcus is Blind. After you spend time with him, you really forget that Marcus is blind, because Marcus is just Marcus. Marcus lost his vision when he was 18, when he and his friends were hit by a drunk driver. We struck up a friendship with Marcus and his wife Marvelyne. 

Over the years we've kept in touch via e-mail and Facebook. Marvelyne has given me book writing advice and helped edit Rodger's book.

Last month while speaking in Florida, Marcus and Marvelyne came out to visit with us. They even treated us to breakfast. THANK YOU! We got to meet their son and they got a chance to meet Kelly and Elijah. We had a lot of fun. While hanging out, we exchanged books. 

This past week, I finished reading Marcus's Book "Everyday Inspiration." I'm definitely inspired to do more in my life after reading it. 

Rodger and I with Marcus

If you would like to learn more about Marcus and his story, click on one of the links below:

Marcu's Engel Website
Marcus Engel Movie - "The Drop" Watch for Free!

No comments: