Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Square


I recently got introduced to one of the best products ever! It's called the "square." It's a device you can attach to your IPhone or Android phone to receive/collect payments via a credit card or debit card.

It's a free app you can download to your phone and after you download the app. They mail you the "square" credit card reader for free! Pretty amazing.

I recently started selling my books and several times people told me they didn't have cash or there check book. That's when I told them I take credit and debit cards too. Most people thought I was joking. It's pretty simple, I swipe a person's card. I fill out a screen with the description of the item and the price. Another screen pops up where they sign their name. Then I can e-mail or text them a copy of their receipt. Everything gets stored in a file for your personal records.

Pretty cool. The company deducts 2.75% from the price as a service fee, but it's pennies for the convenience. At the end of the week, the money gets deposited into the bank account of your choice. Got to love it!

For more information on the program and product, click HERE

No comments: