Monday, May 09, 2011

6,000 Push-ups

About two weeks ago, I found out that a co-worker had completed a challenge with his friends. The challenge was to do 1,000 push-ups in a month. They did it in 30 days. I thought it was a cool challenge.

On my way home I started texting my friend Brian about my co-workers challenge. That's when Brian text back saying that's only 33 day, I can do 200. I text back that was 6,000 in a month. Brian said that should be our challenge. I told him he was crazy and I could only do 3,000.

Later that night, I was walking with my wife Kelly and Brian text me again. "200 done" He started the challenge. I went home that night and did 200 too. Since that Friday night, I've been working to average 200, push-ups a day. After 15 days, I'm at 3,002 push-ups. Half-way done.

Brian told me early on that I could do any style of push-up, so I've done just about every type of push-up possible. I've put a link below to show different types you can do.

The challenge has been fun and good for my body too. Keep your fingers crossed for us. Next month we're going to figure out a challenge we can do that can raise money for charity. The challenge will be good for us and others. The challenges are a good push for both of us because of our internal drives to be challenged. I posted the challenge on my facebook page and several people are participating too.

Funny how a simple conversation can get things going.


Types of Push-Ups

No comments: