Friday, October 01, 2010

Time to Exercise!

Last Night I went out running with Kelly. It was a 3 mile jog, but WOW! I've been slacking! Kelly ran a marathon in June and I ran 18 miles of it with her. A few months later, she asks me to join her for a short run, and it was tough three miles! My legs are a little sore today.

I'm really disappointed in myself. I'm pride myself on being in good shape. I jumped on the scale and another WOW! I'm 150 pounds! Not good when you are six foot two inches. There are people who have issues taking weight off, I have issues keeping it on. I've talked to doctors and trainers. I have to eat and work out.

My goal is to hit and stay at 170lbs. I've flirted with that number a few times, but not in a long time. I went to a healthy diet a few years back and it's amazing what happens when you eat junk food.

I told myself a few months ago that I would commit to doing the P90X program. It was working good for a few weeks, then I fell off the wagon. My good friend Brian started with me and we had the opportunity to work out together a couple of times. I noticed a real difference and I started putting weight on. Then I started saying "I'm busy" and here I am typing to you tonight.

The only way for me to become the healthy person I want to be is to put my info out there to the world. I'm hoping many of you will push me to get in better shape and hit my goals. Any time I post goals and dreams on this blog they come true. So blog readers, help me! I plan on posting weekly updates on what I'm doing to get into the shape I want to be in. I'm getting married in two weeks and we're talking about having kids. I'm going to be an older dad, but I want to be in great shape and health for my future kids. Kelly has the same dreams too.

Wow, this feels like a support meeting...."Hi, my name is Frank...I'm Skinny!"

I'm going to bed. I'm going to get up early and hit the pool in the morning and do the Ab Ripper X program from P90X. If any of you have ideas, knowledge or comments that can help me, please write.

Frank@badbadapples.com

Until then, thank you for listening...errr reading!