Thursday, August 12, 2010

Why I do what I do!

A lot of people ask me why I speak and entertain people around the country. A lot of people ask how I deal with all the traveling and long hours in airports and cars.

When you do something you really enjoy, love and know you're supposed to do; all the craziness is worth it. There's just a point when it feels right!

I just got finished with three not stop days of training and speaking. Did so much, I have a very sore throat and no voice.

After spending about 20+ hours in a car driving through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio; I got a surprise in my e-mail box.

It was a letter from one of the students from Lewis University outside of Chicago.

Here is the letter

Hi Frank,

This is Tom. I sat to your left on Monday when we had asked you and Rodger to join us at our table for lunch. I am so happy that you came to our retreat at Lake Geneva this week!! This has honestly been one of the best experiences of my life and I was able to learn so much about myself and others throughout the entire process. I came into the week with an open mind and trying to do everything that I could to get the most out of this experience (even waking up at 4:45am on Tuesday to watch the sunrise on the lake haha). Keeping an open mind and embracing every opportunity to learn and engage myself in the activities made this week something that I will never forget!

I truly learned so much about what it means to be a BAD APPLE and how to bring forth my leadership abilities and develop an even greater self-confidence, motivation to succeed, and to continue to have a positive outlook in life. Thank you again for everything and keep doing what you are doing!!!


I love to travel, I love to meet new people but receiving letters like this really make my day and make we want to impact the lives of more people!

Tom, thank you for the letter and allowing me to share it with everyone on the internet.

Just remember everyone. You never know who's life you can impact just by sharing your knowledge or taking the time to talk over lunch. Life is about experiences and relationships. When you have a good one or a positive one, be sure to say Thank You! Thank You's are an easy way to make someone feel special and appreciated!