Monday, June 14, 2010

May Flew By

Hello Everyone!

I spent most of May on the road traveling and working! It left me little time to blog, so it's time for me to post some pictures and stories and get everyone caught up.

United States Air Force Reserve

I traveled to two airshows in May to work for the United States Air Force Reserve. I was a part of the "Extreme Team." We are a marketing group that travels to airshows around the country and distribute information about the Air Force Reserves and positions available at a near by Air Force Base. If May, I got to travel to Washington, D.C and New York City. I hope to work more with the Extreme Team this summer. It's all good for me because I get to do things I like. I get to work with people, travel and look at airplanes!

Speaker Revolution

I attended the first ever Speaker Revolution in Cincinnati, OH. The bootcamp/conference was designed to for speakers to learn more about the business of speaking, practice our programs and learn lots of tips and tricks of the industry. In short, it was a 3 day conference on how to improve your skills and get more work. I also got to network with some the best speakers in the country. I have to say thank you to my speaking partner Rodger Campbell for getting me to the conference.

At the conference I learned that a book that I help write is in the final steps of publication. It should be ready by January! Wow! I'm an author!

More Books

I'm currently working on another book. People don't have the time to read long books, so I'll be writing my book similar to how I write this blog. Some of my best blogs will be in the book, plus some other thoughts from my mind. Be on the look out for "Fresh From the Kitchen...Volume #1" this fall.

Wedding Planning

My wedding is almost four months away and their is a ton of stuff to plan. Me and my future wife completely understand why people can't wait for the day to be over and get things back to normal. We are currently working on looking our best for the wedding day and the future. Kelly just ran in a marathon and I've spent several mornings running with her. I just have to hit the weights and stuff my face to bulk up "Mr. Skinny!" If anyone has any tips or advice, let me know.

As always, here are some pictures from my adventures in May!
Jones Beach State Park, Long Island, NY
One of the New York Jets Cheerleaders
More of Jones Beach
Flying into JFK airport in New York City

Stuck in the Detroit Airport for 12 hours. Considered trying to jump on this 747 bound for Asia. How much fun would that be?
I'm working on some new programs about going GREEN? Would anyone care to help?

Obama Bobbleheads in Washington DC


I'm still waiting to see the Iron Man Movie, but got to see him and War Machine at the Andrews Air Force Base Airshow
F-15 Eagle
C-17 Globemaster

I took some co-workers on a walking tour of Washington, D.C.


I had some free time while Traveling through Tampa, so Mom came to see me for dinner at the airport! Love you Mom! Thank you!
I'm still working at the Zoo with the monkeys when I'm not out of town.