Thursday, June 15, 2006

Long Time no Blog

Remember when we were little kids? Do you remember the lack of fear, our constant quest to find out how everything works, the constant energy, the hairstyles and clothes our parents picked out for us?

Yep thats me to the left. Its funny how as we get "older", we start to loose that little kid inside of us. We start to "grow up" and forget about what makes life fun. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. We all get older, but it doesn't mean we can't have fun in our lives. Instead of asking "why" or "why not," we start thinking "no" or "thats no possbile." To a child everything is possible and there's always a backdoor or a way to do something. The simplest things can be turned into something fun and exciting. I strive to be that way again!

I've been doing what I can try to be that way again (minus the afro and polyester suit). I want to explore the world, laugh all the time, spend time with friends, do things I enjoy and not worry about what other people think and to just ENJOY myself. With summer quickly approaching I think we all look to bring that little kid again!

Lately, I've been spending time with friends, going to a couple of art shows, finishing up some spring cleaning, waiting for summer weather to arrive, attempting to beat my best friend Scott in golf and figuring out stuff to do for the summer.

While doing a few of these things, I see that little kid coming out again. Willing to try anything, trying to make the most out every minute and not worrying about other people!

I hope everyone has a GREAT SUMMER and remembers to HAVE FUN! Life is too short!

Quick story before I end things....the little kid inside of me came out this past weekend when I heard the magical sound that we all know.....The music of the ICE CREAM TRUCK! Acutally two different trucks drove through my complex. It was weird, there were no kids around, no kids chasing the truck and being ignored by the driver. Does anyone remember yelling, "mom, the ice cream man is coming! I need some money to buy ice cream!" Then your mom would take forever to give you money, then take orders for everyone in the house and take 30 30 minutes to give you the order. Then you would chase the truck waving money in your hand while the driver laughed at you and the crowd of kids chasing the truck. A bunch of kids chasing a old broken down delivary truck with a creepy old man selling sugary items that turned our tongues every color of the rainbow! Ahhhh...memories!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I have the best memories of the ice cream truck. I still run after it when I hear the music!!! Great memories of long summers with my sisters!